NoSmokingBandit
Dec 10, 10:25 AM
*sexy pics*
Did you take those yourself? I've only played with photo mode a little and i have trouble keeping my car in focus unless i use a huge f-stop. If i shorted the DoF it always ends up focusing on my rear bumper or something stupid.
I probably just need to use it more, but i just get impatient and start another race.
Did you take those yourself? I've only played with photo mode a little and i have trouble keeping my car in focus unless i use a huge f-stop. If i shorted the DoF it always ends up focusing on my rear bumper or something stupid.
I probably just need to use it more, but i just get impatient and start another race.
iKenny
Aug 7, 11:37 PM
Well I for one was kind of disappointed. Leopard is sort of Apple's chance to prove they can out-Vista Vista, and I'm not really sure what we saw today does it. I've been following Vista somewhat closely, and it really does catch Windows up to OS X in terms of features and prettiness.
I really think most of the features shown off today are already present in Windows (I've definitely heard about all of them before) or will be in Vista, and it's too bad Apple didn't have anything truly innovative to show us. Hopefully those secret features are something good...
The other thing that has me a little concerned is the huge amount of Vista-bashing that went on. I feel like if Leopard at this point were truly better than Vista, they'd be silent about Vista entirely and let the new system speak for itself. That would be really slick. That's not what happened however, and instead there was a lot of "look what Vista copied from us" and "check out how much better Leopard is." What I saw today, though, makes the former statement sound whiney and the latter sound foolish, since in my eyes, in terms of features, they're about on-par with each other.
I really hope Apple pulls it together. They've got to do this right, because come next year, most of the myriad reasons for switching to a Mac will be nullified by Vista.
BTW: whoever this "Platform Experience" guy is, get him off the stage and go back to Steve.
I really think most of the features shown off today are already present in Windows (I've definitely heard about all of them before) or will be in Vista, and it's too bad Apple didn't have anything truly innovative to show us. Hopefully those secret features are something good...
The other thing that has me a little concerned is the huge amount of Vista-bashing that went on. I feel like if Leopard at this point were truly better than Vista, they'd be silent about Vista entirely and let the new system speak for itself. That would be really slick. That's not what happened however, and instead there was a lot of "look what Vista copied from us" and "check out how much better Leopard is." What I saw today, though, makes the former statement sound whiney and the latter sound foolish, since in my eyes, in terms of features, they're about on-par with each other.
I really hope Apple pulls it together. They've got to do this right, because come next year, most of the myriad reasons for switching to a Mac will be nullified by Vista.
BTW: whoever this "Platform Experience" guy is, get him off the stage and go back to Steve.
_Matt
Mar 21, 12:27 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
I voted for Obama. I respect Obama. I will likely vote again for him against lesser candidates. He will likely win reelection.
But I can't say I'm proud of what he's doing and not doing. And I'm not sure how others can be either.
I voted for Obama. I respect Obama. I will likely vote again for him against lesser candidates. He will likely win reelection.
But I can't say I'm proud of what he's doing and not doing. And I'm not sure how others can be either.
DoFoT9
Aug 11, 07:39 AM
Still not much stopping one from purchasing other region games:D Need to pick up the Asian version of Demons Souls as well to try the glitch out for max stats. I do like that the PS3 can play all region titles.
shipping would be pretty high i imagine! :p glad to know us aussies are being thought of!
shipping would be pretty high i imagine! :p glad to know us aussies are being thought of!
SiliconAddict
Jul 27, 03:25 PM
Rule 1 of Apple Events:
You never get all the marbles.
Too be fair Apple has never been given all the marbles, from moto, to hand out in the first place. This is new for them.
You never get all the marbles.
Too be fair Apple has never been given all the marbles, from moto, to hand out in the first place. This is new for them.
KnightWRX
Apr 20, 01:39 PM
The trade dress claims do not list specific models.
Which tells me somebody botched it. Does it impact damage claims if Samsung decides to present one model that doesn't bear any ressemblance to the iPhone like the ones depicted above ?
Or can Apple amend to add specifity to the claim ?
Or is it moot in the eyes of the court and would only apply when calculating damages if a decision is done in favor of Apple ?
Which tells me somebody botched it. Does it impact damage claims if Samsung decides to present one model that doesn't bear any ressemblance to the iPhone like the ones depicted above ?
Or can Apple amend to add specifity to the claim ?
Or is it moot in the eyes of the court and would only apply when calculating damages if a decision is done in favor of Apple ?
mdavis
Mar 26, 08:23 PM
What? this seems hard to believe... Already done on development? :confused:
it's not a particularly large release
it's not a particularly large release
foidulus
Apr 5, 08:38 PM
I doubt Apple will ship a new version of FCP before they ship lion, there are simply no real video editor APIs in Snow Leopard that are capable of 64 bit, QT Kit is a joke.
HOWEVER, according to the developer page for Lion there will be a brand new A/V API in Lion that will be 64 bit and FCP will most likely be written in that.
I guess they could back port the entire API to Snow Leopard, but I wouldn't count on it.
HOWEVER, according to the developer page for Lion there will be a brand new A/V API in Lion that will be 64 bit and FCP will most likely be written in that.
I guess they could back port the entire API to Snow Leopard, but I wouldn't count on it.
2nyRiggz
Dec 1, 09:41 AM
I'm enjoying the game so far, any racing wheel will make this game/simulator boss. I'm not into racing games so I skipped alot of them but I decided to buy a racing wheel & GT5 and its been great.
I didn't come into this game expecting true to life graphics but I knew the gameplay would be as close to reality as they could get and I'm not disappointed. My only gripe about this this game/simulator(cause I can't really class this as a game) is its made for hardcore car nuts and I really can't fault it for going AFTER ITS TARGET AUDIENCE(I'm completely loss trying to purchase parts to mod my car)
This game/simulator is the real bang for the buck...I haven't touch online/kart/Nascar yet and I'm enjoying the s*** out of it.
Poly simply went after their target audience and from what I'm hearing its still on point.
Bless
I didn't come into this game expecting true to life graphics but I knew the gameplay would be as close to reality as they could get and I'm not disappointed. My only gripe about this this game/simulator(cause I can't really class this as a game) is its made for hardcore car nuts and I really can't fault it for going AFTER ITS TARGET AUDIENCE(I'm completely loss trying to purchase parts to mod my car)
This game/simulator is the real bang for the buck...I haven't touch online/kart/Nascar yet and I'm enjoying the s*** out of it.
Poly simply went after their target audience and from what I'm hearing its still on point.
Bless
MacRumors
Apr 5, 04:43 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/05/apple-to-introduce-new-final-cut-pro-on-april-12th/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/02/23/003359-FCP.jpg

+ell+onds+mistress

Barry Bonds before And After

Bell also testified that Bonds

with Barry Bonds,

Barry Bonds#39; estranged

Barry Bonds Trial

Judge bars Barry Bonds#39;

Bell Talks of Barry Bonds

+ell+onds+mistress
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/02/23/003359-FCP.jpg
LightSpeed1
Apr 6, 05:06 PM
What a joke of a tablet. Nothing but a piece of crap.Agreed.
tobio
Aug 7, 06:46 PM
The time machine features are just like salvage files on our old netware servers (before we "upgraded" to win2k3 with the quite embarressingly bad volume shadow copies). Obviously time machine is prettier, but the way it worked on netware was that all files whenever they are overwritten or deleted sit inbetween space. You can go into filer or use the right click menu to go back to previous versions of files unless you have purged them. This feature would turn off when you get down to 10% free space remaining.
If time machine lets you preview the contents of documents before you restore them, instead of going restore... is it that one? nope, try this one? nope... ah here we go found it. then hot damm thats a slick new feature
If time machine lets you preview the contents of documents before you restore them, instead of going restore... is it that one? nope, try this one? nope... ah here we go found it. then hot damm thats a slick new feature

portishead
Apr 12, 02:50 AM
People actually use Motion, for actual work?
Motion is a lot like After Effects, if After Effects' mom got drunk, did some crank and tossed herself down a flight of stairs every Friday night during her pregnancy, and then delivered a breech baby with the cord wrapped around its neck.
and then dropped it.
twice.
I was gonna say... you need a hug... then I read your sig. :p
Motion is a lot like After Effects, if After Effects' mom got drunk, did some crank and tossed herself down a flight of stairs every Friday night during her pregnancy, and then delivered a breech baby with the cord wrapped around its neck.
and then dropped it.
twice.
I was gonna say... you need a hug... then I read your sig. :p
smugDrew
Apr 6, 06:41 PM
Wait, so MacBook Air has a TN panel? That makes no sense, the iPad 2 has an IPS panel...
Anyway, I'd like to see backlit keys and an IPS display before I buy a MBA :cool:
Anyway, I'd like to see backlit keys and an IPS display before I buy a MBA :cool:
goodwilldrums
Apr 7, 11:34 PM
This is interesting. I was at Best Buy today and overheard the overstaffed workers talking with each other about how they couldn't sell iPads anymore...
They were just as puzzled as I was
They were just as puzzled as I was
whooleytoo
Sep 13, 07:37 AM
What I couldn't understand - I couldn't see it explained in the article - why is the dual core Mac Pro (i.e. with current Mac Pro with 2 cores disabled) faster in so many tests than the 4 core Mac Pro.
CFreymarc
Apr 12, 01:23 AM
I hope not. I want the 5 now :)
Correction, the iPhone 4G starts production in September.
Correction, the iPhone 4G starts production in September.

63dot
Aug 17, 10:44 AM
Check it out!
http://barefeats.com/quad06.html
The 3 ghz Mac Pro is neck and neck with the G5 Quad in the Adobe benchmarks, sick considering the fact it's running under rosetta!!
when cs 3 comes out, which will be sometime in the spring of 2007 according to macworld magazine, the mac pro will be "hands down" the best machine across the board on "all" benchmarks concerning adobe software
let's hope we get cs 3 sooner rather than later in 2007 because i would hate to wait until late march
pc world, september issue, mentioned amd's plan for a quad core processor in 2007 and if that happens, some pc box will be faster than our best xeon powered machines...that is, he he, unless we get that quad core K8L amd with their 4x4 motherboard architecture which would enable a desktop to run two quads for a total of 8 amd cores (but the price of such a machine will debut at a very high price and probably won't directly compete with the mac pro)
but for now, apple has the best pro desktop machine dollar for dollar that i have seen and with cs 3 next year, it will be a designer's dream machine better than anything out there in its price range...at least for a few months ;)
http://barefeats.com/quad06.html
The 3 ghz Mac Pro is neck and neck with the G5 Quad in the Adobe benchmarks, sick considering the fact it's running under rosetta!!
when cs 3 comes out, which will be sometime in the spring of 2007 according to macworld magazine, the mac pro will be "hands down" the best machine across the board on "all" benchmarks concerning adobe software
let's hope we get cs 3 sooner rather than later in 2007 because i would hate to wait until late march
pc world, september issue, mentioned amd's plan for a quad core processor in 2007 and if that happens, some pc box will be faster than our best xeon powered machines...that is, he he, unless we get that quad core K8L amd with their 4x4 motherboard architecture which would enable a desktop to run two quads for a total of 8 amd cores (but the price of such a machine will debut at a very high price and probably won't directly compete with the mac pro)
but for now, apple has the best pro desktop machine dollar for dollar that i have seen and with cs 3 next year, it will be a designer's dream machine better than anything out there in its price range...at least for a few months ;)
kdarling
Apr 20, 04:34 PM
Knowing about the record label wasn't on the front page of the newspaper, this was the 1970's...there was no internet, it's more than just a little possible that Jobs did not know this. And you're assuming that logo was everywhere, and you're wrong.
Actually, anyone above the age of six knew about Apple Records.
We all lived and breathed vinyl back then :)
Actually, anyone above the age of six knew about Apple Records.
We all lived and breathed vinyl back then :)
generik
Sep 19, 12:24 AM
This update better be bitchin!
I think when the update reveals itself to be.... just a mere processor swop the moans to the high heavens would be deafening!
Any likelihood that we will see a new case design at MWSF perchance? :rolleyes:
I think when the update reveals itself to be.... just a mere processor swop the moans to the high heavens would be deafening!
Any likelihood that we will see a new case design at MWSF perchance? :rolleyes:
blahblah100
Mar 31, 05:30 PM
Just speaking to your 'year of the linux' quote that's all.
I completely agree, but let's be honest, Apple and Microsoft fans are no different.
I completely agree, but let's be honest, Apple and Microsoft fans are no different.
coolbreeze
Apr 7, 11:37 PM
If there is one indisputable fact of this world...
Those on message boards that say they hate Best Buy, are the first to grab the Sunday ad and visit the store at least weekly.
Bank on it.
Oh I believe you. They go into BB on Sunday morning, buy their gadget, decide if they like it, get home, order from Amazon, return to said BB once they receive the same, cheaper item.
Retail and B&M is doomed.
Those on message boards that say they hate Best Buy, are the first to grab the Sunday ad and visit the store at least weekly.
Bank on it.
Oh I believe you. They go into BB on Sunday morning, buy their gadget, decide if they like it, get home, order from Amazon, return to said BB once they receive the same, cheaper item.
Retail and B&M is doomed.
daneoni
Sep 19, 03:36 AM
PowerBook G5 by the holidays.
rjohnstone
Apr 25, 03:00 PM
ya.. not like it's on right on the "features" page of iphone's website, ( http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/ .) It isn't like they have a whole page about it, ( http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/maps-compass.html .)
Who would think the an electronic device such as an iPhone would know your exactly location? And why would any cache information locally when the same exactly information can be gotten over a slow, inconsistent connection?
Location services is not the same as storing every place you've ever been.
Why does the db never get cleared?
If location info is required for an app, why would I want to use info from possibly over a year ago that may no longer be accurate?
I won't put on a tinfoil hat just yet. For now I'll just chalk this issue up to sloppy programming. ;)
Same on the iPhone... this is not what we're talking about here. Application tracking has always been opt in or out.
This is just a database of cell tower pings. That's all. it's shared with NO ONE and goes nowhere except on your phone. It's like your web browser cache.
Apple still fails to answer the question of "why?"
Why do they need it if it is not used?
I know why a web browser has a cache. At least the web browser is smart enough to clean that up after a while.
Who would think the an electronic device such as an iPhone would know your exactly location? And why would any cache information locally when the same exactly information can be gotten over a slow, inconsistent connection?
Location services is not the same as storing every place you've ever been.
Why does the db never get cleared?
If location info is required for an app, why would I want to use info from possibly over a year ago that may no longer be accurate?
I won't put on a tinfoil hat just yet. For now I'll just chalk this issue up to sloppy programming. ;)
Same on the iPhone... this is not what we're talking about here. Application tracking has always been opt in or out.
This is just a database of cell tower pings. That's all. it's shared with NO ONE and goes nowhere except on your phone. It's like your web browser cache.
Apple still fails to answer the question of "why?"
Why do they need it if it is not used?
I know why a web browser has a cache. At least the web browser is smart enough to clean that up after a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment