
NJRonbo
Jun 14, 06:01 AM
iBrad,
What did I miss here?
Going to RS today to turn in my iPhone. I don't know what to
make of the quote you provided but will there be any
restrictions in the upgrade purchase I want to make?
What did I miss here?
Going to RS today to turn in my iPhone. I don't know what to
make of the quote you provided but will there be any
restrictions in the upgrade purchase I want to make?
Machead III
Sep 19, 11:52 AM
lolol did you see Steve? He invented MacTop. new laptoP.
rofl. it is g5
rofl. it is g5
NickPill
Aug 7, 10:55 PM
Hi, this is just a question to the developers. Did you already get 10.5? I have the ADC Select membership but can�t find 10.5 in the download section. Please send me an email where I can find it. Thank you!
SMM
Oct 22, 04:15 PM
HP, Dell and IBM all had dual Core 2 Xeon workstation systems available 2~3 weeks ahead of Apple's Mac Pro release. Apple has yet to release their new Xserve. HP, Dell, IBM and others have had dual (and even some quad CPU configurations) of Core 2 Xeon 1U servers and blades available for months now...
It makes sense for Apple not to offer the 5000 series with their 1066 Max FSB. They were pretty quick to market for the MP with the 5100 Woody's release. It is curious that the XServe is not released yet. Perhaps, they are waiting for the Clovertown? I cannot imagine any unusual technical issues for not making the 5100 available by now.
It makes sense for Apple not to offer the 5000 series with their 1066 Max FSB. They were pretty quick to market for the MP with the 5100 Woody's release. It is curious that the XServe is not released yet. Perhaps, they are waiting for the Clovertown? I cannot imagine any unusual technical issues for not making the 5100 available by now.
chrmjenkins
Mar 22, 02:36 PM
With regards to Libya without the no fly zone there would have been a massacre, and without bombing Gaddafi's troops there isn't much hope of anything other than a stalemate, which is also unideal.
With the rebels on the ground it seems highly unlikely that we'll be in Libya for years to come or anything like that.
The big difference between Libya and Iraq is that in Iraq there wasn't a large insurgence controlling a decent proportion of the country before the troops went in.
Don't forget that we invaded one based on false intelligence. There's no denying what is happening in Libya. A dictator is slaughtering his own people. The fact that UN doesn't pass similar resolutions for all states with a current crisis of this magnitude falls on the UN, not the US.
With the rebels on the ground it seems highly unlikely that we'll be in Libya for years to come or anything like that.
The big difference between Libya and Iraq is that in Iraq there wasn't a large insurgence controlling a decent proportion of the country before the troops went in.
Don't forget that we invaded one based on false intelligence. There's no denying what is happening in Libya. A dictator is slaughtering his own people. The fact that UN doesn't pass similar resolutions for all states with a current crisis of this magnitude falls on the UN, not the US.

orthodoc
Nov 28, 08:22 PM
Actually, they do. They also got paid on every blank tape sold when cassettes were big. I think it is crazy for everyone to think that the music industry is greedy when it getting squeezed out of all of their revenue streams. So, Apple makes hundreds of millions off of their back on the itunes site, and a billion off of iPod sales, and they cannot share in the wealth?
It doesn't cost the consumer any more, why wouldn't you want the people who actually make the music you are listening to get compensated?
This debate is stale. People want something for nothing.
Getting squeezed out of a revenue stream is just part of being in business. Either adapt or go away. Nothing entitles them to a portion of the iPod sales. They make their money off of the sale of the actual music they produce. Should they get a portion of each computer sold as well? After all, the computer is used to both download and play the music. Dumb argument.
It doesn't cost the consumer any more, why wouldn't you want the people who actually make the music you are listening to get compensated?
This debate is stale. People want something for nothing.
Getting squeezed out of a revenue stream is just part of being in business. Either adapt or go away. Nothing entitles them to a portion of the iPod sales. They make their money off of the sale of the actual music they produce. Should they get a portion of each computer sold as well? After all, the computer is used to both download and play the music. Dumb argument.
TheBobcat
Nov 28, 09:24 PM
The record companies know that their business model is archaic and unnecessary. With computers and MP3, and online stores like iTunes, artists no longer need labels. This is their death rattle trying desperately to make themselves more money as it slips through their fingers.
Besides, artists always have made most of their money from merchandise and tours, the labels are just a middle man that got bypassed by technology. Instead of adapting, they're fighting it, and that's why they will cease to exist in the future.
Besides, artists always have made most of their money from merchandise and tours, the labels are just a middle man that got bypassed by technology. Instead of adapting, they're fighting it, and that's why they will cease to exist in the future.
andiwm2003
Apr 25, 04:14 PM
How does an encrypted db aide your sense of security when the information is about publicly listed cell towers [FCC registered], and ends up at Google which profiles your activities for trends which then allows them to resell this information through their AdSense service and more?
How did your sense of security become violated when the Telcos have historically sold your contact information to third parties who flood your mail box with junk mail and get you on lists w/o your consent? Does it send you through the roof that your liberties are being violated?
Do you scream at Safeway, Albertsons, Starbucks and every other business that profiles your buying habits that it pushes you to file a class action lawsuit?
I think not.
This and all subsequent lawsuits will be thrown out. Apple is in compliance with the FCC rules and regulations set by Congress.
.................................................................................................... ............................).
You are correct in these points.
However the fact that someone with physical access to my cell phone can figure out that I visited a certain city several times and can derive easily with what client I had negotiations is a big concern. This is true for a lot of professionals.
Then there is of course the case where you told your spouse you were in Kentucky working while your cell phone shows that you were in Vegas four times this month......
This information is of course for a person who specifically targets you much easier to get through stealing your iPhone than through hacking into Google or ATT. This case is different from random data collection by Starbucks in that someone with very little resources can target you.
Case in point: My GF has a few crazy stalkers who could find out from this data base where she actually spends most of her time. They are mentally challenged creeps who have no way to do this through hacking into ATT but they could steal her stuff at her public appearances. They actually showed up there.
Therefore this location database needs to be encrypted. It seems that many of you think these concerns do not exist or are irrelevant. I'm surprised by this.
How did your sense of security become violated when the Telcos have historically sold your contact information to third parties who flood your mail box with junk mail and get you on lists w/o your consent? Does it send you through the roof that your liberties are being violated?
Do you scream at Safeway, Albertsons, Starbucks and every other business that profiles your buying habits that it pushes you to file a class action lawsuit?
I think not.
This and all subsequent lawsuits will be thrown out. Apple is in compliance with the FCC rules and regulations set by Congress.
.................................................................................................... ............................).
You are correct in these points.
However the fact that someone with physical access to my cell phone can figure out that I visited a certain city several times and can derive easily with what client I had negotiations is a big concern. This is true for a lot of professionals.
Then there is of course the case where you told your spouse you were in Kentucky working while your cell phone shows that you were in Vegas four times this month......
This information is of course for a person who specifically targets you much easier to get through stealing your iPhone than through hacking into Google or ATT. This case is different from random data collection by Starbucks in that someone with very little resources can target you.
Case in point: My GF has a few crazy stalkers who could find out from this data base where she actually spends most of her time. They are mentally challenged creeps who have no way to do this through hacking into ATT but they could steal her stuff at her public appearances. They actually showed up there.
Therefore this location database needs to be encrypted. It seems that many of you think these concerns do not exist or are irrelevant. I'm surprised by this.
Rooskibar03
Apr 11, 01:06 PM
Guess this isn't as bad as I would like it to be. ATT moved my upgrade date to 12/3 after I lowered my pricing plan.
Bummer.
Bummer.
Kristenn
Mar 31, 10:33 PM
Good. I hope they take one of the last strengths of the iPad ecosystem away from it.
Wow, your username might be Full of Win (lol...) But this post is Full of Fail!
Care to explain? I mean, I don't get it. It seems like only the iHaters would understand this post or just pretend to so they can shout I AGREE!
I'm serious. Explain, please?
Wow, your username might be Full of Win (lol...) But this post is Full of Fail!
Care to explain? I mean, I don't get it. It seems like only the iHaters would understand this post or just pretend to so they can shout I AGREE!
I'm serious. Explain, please?

phalseHUD
Apr 10, 01:58 PM
Interesting news, but the bit about booting competitors is downright disgusting.
Couldn't agree more, disgraceful to be honest. This part of Apple I cannot abide.
Couldn't agree more, disgraceful to be honest. This part of Apple I cannot abide.
wpotere
Apr 27, 12:05 PM
I lost mine a few years ago and it was re-issued so it isn't worn and faded. Does that mean I can't run for president? :eek::p
Shagrat
Sep 13, 07:56 AM
and this got negative votes because...??????????
Yeesh!
Yeesh!
snebes
Apr 7, 11:30 PM
Apple products are price-locked. No second hand retailer marks up on them, like Bose. Retailers are told what to sell at and they comply or they lose rights to sell the product. If these are overpriced, it is Apples doing.
You might want to look at Best Buy's pricing again.
All iPads, iPods and Macs are sold $.99 (at minimum) above Apple.
Time Capsule 1TB $334.99 at Best Buy, $299.00 at Apple
2TB $499.99, $499.00 at Apple
Airport Extreme - $189.99 at Best Buy $179.00 at Apple
Express, $109.99 at Best Buy, $99.00 at Apple
The small accessories are just as bad. And Apple isn't the only brand they mark over MSRP too. I wouldn't be surprised is Bose products were too.
You might want to look at Best Buy's pricing again.
All iPads, iPods and Macs are sold $.99 (at minimum) above Apple.
Time Capsule 1TB $334.99 at Best Buy, $299.00 at Apple
2TB $499.99, $499.00 at Apple
Airport Extreme - $189.99 at Best Buy $179.00 at Apple
Express, $109.99 at Best Buy, $99.00 at Apple
The small accessories are just as bad. And Apple isn't the only brand they mark over MSRP too. I wouldn't be surprised is Bose products were too.
iMikeT
Aug 26, 07:11 PM
Oh man.... I sure these new processors make their way into the PowerMac G5.
NoSmokingBandit
Sep 1, 11:15 AM
Idk, that just doesnt sound right...
They have higher-res models from the GT4/GTPSP artists (everything 3d is made with super high poly counts then downgraded as the game's engine requires) so i dont understand why they would use the low poly models from GT4 when it would take just as much time to export a higher res model from Maya.
Time will tell i suppose, but it just doesnt make sense for them to gimp standard cars for no reason.
They have higher-res models from the GT4/GTPSP artists (everything 3d is made with super high poly counts then downgraded as the game's engine requires) so i dont understand why they would use the low poly models from GT4 when it would take just as much time to export a higher res model from Maya.
Time will tell i suppose, but it just doesnt make sense for them to gimp standard cars for no reason.

amols
Aug 27, 02:28 AM
I don't give a rat's A** about Santa Rosa. What I do give a Rat's A** about is that Easy Access HD Bay. The ability to have multiple 160 GB HDs standing by for different field purposes can make for revolutionary work flow procedures.
Exactly!! I did swap my MBP HD from 100GB (Seagate 5400.2) to 160GB (Seagate 5400.3) and almost cracked the top cover, not to mention destroyed the warranty (which I don't mind anyway). Its really funny that we can easily swap HD in MB but not in MBP. I hope they fix this in next release instead of silly Merom updates.
Exactly!! I did swap my MBP HD from 100GB (Seagate 5400.2) to 160GB (Seagate 5400.3) and almost cracked the top cover, not to mention destroyed the warranty (which I don't mind anyway). Its really funny that we can easily swap HD in MB but not in MBP. I hope they fix this in next release instead of silly Merom updates.
Peace
Aug 5, 05:35 PM
For legal uses, BitTorrent is awesome. I tried to download NeoOffice from their website, i was getting 20K. Over BitTorrent..... almost my max bandwidth. It was sweet. BitTorrent in an OS has many great possibilities.
BitTorrent is great if you're using a cable modem or DSL with almost equal upload/download ratios.But I'm using a Satellite..Downloads are great but the uploads are only 256k
BitTorrent is great if you're using a cable modem or DSL with almost equal upload/download ratios.But I'm using a Satellite..Downloads are great but the uploads are only 256k
Super Dave
Aug 8, 12:54 AM
Part of the "Top Secret" stuff has got to be a new Finder... that Finder looked so boring during the Keynote... it just stood out. This release will have a two year gap and that means we are bound to see some Finder changes!
Spring '06 - still 8 months away.
Yeah, I can't imagine they won't update the Finder and Safari (with more than they've shown). We are far from seeing the end of Leopard, and I think Steve made that very clear.
David :cool:
Spring '06 - still 8 months away.
Yeah, I can't imagine they won't update the Finder and Safari (with more than they've shown). We are far from seeing the end of Leopard, and I think Steve made that very clear.
David :cool:
Nuck81
Aug 13, 12:21 AM
It's refreshing that I don't have to go to gamespot forums to see a pointless immature fanboy pissing match :rolleyes:
steve knight
Mar 18, 12:50 AM
Ron Paul is a Christian nutjob. a squirrels wet dream.
He wants a small government small enough to fit in the bedroom and between a woman's legs. I love the small govement thing but then there are all these things government should control.
He wants a small government small enough to fit in the bedroom and between a woman's legs. I love the small govement thing but then there are all these things government should control.
Cougarcat
Mar 26, 06:12 PM
The new Launcher is just one of those eye-candy apps. It'll be the first thing I delete.
Except that you can't delete it. In the beta, at least. It's hard-coded in the dock.
Except that you can't delete it. In the beta, at least. It's hard-coded in the dock.
SactoGuy18
Apr 8, 06:34 AM
I think this whole mess comes down to this: there is a REAL shortage of the iPad 2, especially since Foxconn can no longer keep up with demand due to the ongoing situation in Japan with several Japanese suppliers incapable of supplying parts to Foxconn for the iPad 2. As such, Best Buy is taking advantage of this situation by deliberately holding back sales of the iPad 2, and Apple call them out on it. I would not be surprised that Apple ends up issuing a recall order to take back every iPad 2 from Best Buy and they end up being sold at Apple Stores instead.
And you wonder why Microsoft is not willing to extend their Signature program of highly-optimized Windows 7 computers (Signature PC's aren't loaded with "trialware" l like normal retail PC's are) to Best Buy, even though such a computer would work extremely well for customers and would end up being huge best sellers for Best buy.
And you wonder why Microsoft is not willing to extend their Signature program of highly-optimized Windows 7 computers (Signature PC's aren't loaded with "trialware" l like normal retail PC's are) to Best Buy, even though such a computer would work extremely well for customers and would end up being huge best sellers for Best buy.
Multimedia
Jul 29, 07:03 PM
this would be smart because as of right now the mac book pro doesnt WOW me over the macbook. Do you think the "core 3" will also have the same pin structure as the 2's?Core 3 is in 2009. Many things will be very different by then. You wouldn't want to upgrade a 2006 Mac in 2009.Not a chance in hell, give up the idea of upgrading your Mac already :rolleyes:
The newer Meroms that are to come out Q2 2007 will be based off a completely new socket.With Santa Rosa to boot!
The newer Meroms that are to come out Q2 2007 will be based off a completely new socket.With Santa Rosa to boot!
No comments:
Post a Comment